Mental Health Resources
Rainbow Health offers mental, chemical, and sexual health services for LGBTQ+ people, people living with HIV, and folks from communities that historically and currently face barriers to behavioral health support, with individual, group, couple, and family therapy available. Learn more on their website: https://rainbowhealth.org/therapy-counseling/.
Edges Wellness provides couple, individual, relational, and family therapy, gender specialist services across the lifespan, and sex therapy services. Insurance is accepted and sliding scale services are offered. Learn more on their website: https://edgeswellness.com.
Cedar Hill Therapy
Adult support groups for trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people
- Transcend Psychotherapy – Trans Women/Feminine Support Group
- Tuesdays 5:00-6:30pm 1919 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis (in Family Tree Clinic building first floor). $30 per session, most insurance accepted, sliding fee available. Contact Max at 612-559-4773 or maxcabeln@transcendpsychotherapy to register or for more information
- Minnesota Transgender Alliance – Transgender Support Group
- Free group that meets every other Friday at 6pm via Zoom. Zoom link can be found on calendar on their website minnesotatransgenderalliance.com
- Tea Time at Aliveness Project
- Reclaim! BIPOC Young Adult LGBTQIA+ Support Group (ages 18-25)
- Therapeutic support group for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ young adults. Tentatively scheduled for Wednesdays online.
- Many insurances accepted or sliding fee available. Complete intake form at www.reclaim.care/therapy or call 612-235-6743 x4.
- Edges Wellness Center – Trans &/or Non-Binary Support Group
- Therapeutic support group that meets weekly Sundays 7:00-8:30pm and Mondays 6:30-8pm via telehealth. Contact Kim Sherva, MS, LAMFT at email@example.com for more information or to register. Many insurances accepted or sliding fee ($20-50session) available.
- Edges Wellness Center – BIPOC Trans &/or Non-Binary Support Group Therapeutic support group that meets weekly Mondays 7:00-8:30pm via telehealth. Contact Kim Sherva, MS, LAMFT at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register. Many insurances accepted or sliding fee ($20-50/session) available.
Youth Support Groups for Trans, Non-binary, and Gender Non-Conforming People
- Transforming Families Local support groups for trans youth and their families/parents/caregivers. Both online and in person currently offered. Look on their website tffmn.org for locations, dates/times. Email email@example.com for more information or online group access.
- Teen Tigerrs – Social support group for trans/intersex/gender-expansive teens ages 13-19 that meets Sundays from 12:30-3pm online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Reclaim! Youth Gender Exploration Group (ages 12-18)
- Youth Gender Exploration Group (ages 12-18) Therapeutic support group for trans and gender expansive high schoolers to support identity development, community connection, and improved well-being. Meets every Wednesday from 4:15-6pm online.In person and virtual group offerings. Many insurances accepted or sliding fee available. Email email@example.com or call 612-235-6743 x4.
- Reclaim! Monthly Caregiver Drop-In Group
- Monthly drop in space for adults to ask questions or get information about supporting queer or trans youth and meet other families on a similar journey. First group held Wednesday July 20th from 5:30-7pm at Reclaim office. $20 fee (sliding fee available) and RSVP preferred. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-235-6743 x4.
- Reclaim! Caregiver Group: Understanding Our Identity Journey
- 12-week education group for supportive parents, caregivers, and family members of queer and trans youth. Requires advanced registration and includes a $300 fee (sliding fee available). First cycle begins September 2022. Email email@example.com or call 612-235-6743 x4.
- Sentier Psychotherapy – Teen LGBTQ Support Group
- Teen LGBTQ Support group (ages 14-17) offered multiple times a year. Look on their website (sentiertherapy.com) for upcoming start dates/times. $40/session, sliding fee available, or superbill to submit to insurance. Contact Megan Sigmon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ashley Groshek (email@example.com) for more information or to schedule intake.
- Sentier Psychotherapy – Middle School LGBTQ Support Group
- Middle School LGBTQ support group (grades 6-8) offered multiple times a year. Look on their website (sentiertherapy.com) for upcoming start dates/times. $40/session, sliding fee available, or superbill to submit to insurance. Contact Elin Amundson at firstname.lastname@example.org / 763-913-8261 for more information or to schedule an intake.
- Gender Spectrum
- Nation wide online support groups for pre-teens, teens, and parents. Find more information and register online at genderspectrum.org
- Sentier Psychotherapy – Support Group for Parents of Trans/Non-binary Teens
- Therapeautic support group for parents and guardians who have transgender and/or non-binary children in middle or high school. Offered quarterly and meets every other Monday from 5-6:30pm online. $40 per session, sliding fee available, or superbill to submit to insurance. Look on their website (sentiertherapy.com) for upcoming start dates and contact Ellie (email@example.com) to register.