Trans Health Services
Comfortable, competent, and accessible care
Transgender and gender non-conforming people routinely face discrimination and misunderstanding from health care providers, which prevents many trans people from getting the health care they need. At Family Tree Clinic, we are committed to providing comfortable, competent, and accessible care to our trans and gender non-conforming patients.
We strive to create an environment that is trans-affirming so that our patients feel safe in order to get the care they need. All of our staff members, from the front desk to billing and providers, participate in ongoing trainings about gender identity and transgender-specific health topics. We have a Trans Health Work Group comprised of staff members from every department that provides direct ongoing evaluation and feedback for our clinical services and organizational operations.
- Trans-affirming gynecological care, including cervical cancer screening and pelvic exams
- Confidential STI testing and treatment
- Birth control, including methods that are compatible with transition-related hormones
- Preconception care, pregnancy planning and referrals
- Chest/breast exams
- Testicular exams
- Health coaching for nutrition, smoking cessation and weight loss
- Immunizations and screenings
- Cholesterol and blood pressure checks
- Urinary tract infection and vaginal infection testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing and all-options counseling
- FREE and reduced-cost condoms
- Referrals to specialists as needed
- Legal help for queer and trans people
- Trans Hormone Care
- Limited primary services
We accept Medical Assistance, MNcare, and many private insurance plans. All of our services are offered on a sliding fee scale and we have free programs that you may qualify for.
Walk-In Counseling Center provides mental health counseling to anyone in need – you do not have to be a Family Tree patient – on Wednesday and Monday evenings from 5-7pm.
Services are free, although donations are greatly appreciated. Counseling is on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments are needed and Family Tree will not make appointments for the Walk-In counselors.
If you come for a medical appointment, you are welcome to see a counselor before or after your medical visit on Wednesday evenings. For more information about Walk-In, see the website at www.walkin.org.
Walk-In Counseling Center is available to anyone in need of crisis intervention or emotional support for any kind of personal or relationship problem: family or partner conflicts, suicide, substance abuse, or any major life changes.