Trans Health Services
Comfortable, competent, and accessible care
Transgender and gender non-conforming people routinely face discrimination and misunderstanding from health care providers, which prevents many trans people from getting the health care they need. At Family Tree Clinic, we are committed to providing comfortable, competent, and accessible care to our trans and gender non-conforming patients.
We strive to create an environment that is trans-affirming so that our patients feel safe in order to get the care they need. All of our staff members, from the front desk to billing and providers, participate in ongoing trainings about gender identity and transgender-specific health topics. We have a Trans Health Work Group comprised of staff members from every department that provides direct ongoing evaluation and feedback for our clinical services and organizational operations.
- Trans-affirming gynecological care, including cervical cancer screening and pelvic exams
- Confidential STI testing and treatment
- Birth control, including methods that are compatible with transition-related hormones
- Preconception care, pregnancy planning and referrals
- Chest/breast exams
- Testicular exams
- Health coaching for nutrition, smoking cessation and weight loss
- Immunizations and screenings
- Cholesterol and blood pressure checks
- Urinary tract infection and vaginal infection testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing and all-options counseling
- FREE and reduced-cost condoms
- Referrals to specialists as needed
- Trans Hormone Care
- Limited primary services
We accept Medical Assistance, MNcare, and many private insurance plans. All of our services are offered on a sliding fee scale and we have free programs that you may qualify for.
Ben Powers will be providing drop-in counseling services at Family Tree Clinic every Tuesday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. In the past, he has volunteered time with The Exchange’s Shot Clinic and Out for Equity’s Trans Time youth support group.
Ben uses cognitive behavioral, narrative, and mindfulness techniques to provide counseling that is tailored to each person’s individual needs. He provides an LGBTQ and sex positive approach to create an open and accepting environment free of judgment and stigma. Ben specializes in helping individuals experiencing difficulties related to gender and sexuality, chemical dependency and family change. Counseling is offered at low cost, and sliding scale is available. Download Ben’s rates.