Midwest Trans health Education Network – Copy
Introducing the Midwest Trans Health Education Network!
The Midwest Trans Health Education Network (MTHEN) is a growing network of providers across the region who deliver patient-centered gender-affirming care in their home communities. We’re training providers on Family Tree Clinic’s informed consent model and practicing peer mentorship to prepare clinicians to provide competent and gender-affirming care to trans and gender-expansive people.
MTHEN is funded by community innovation grant from the Bush Foundation.
Want to join MTHEN? We’re recruiting for our next cohort, starting in fall 2023. Fill out an interest form below.
You’re a great fit if you want to learn how to initiate and maintain hormone care for transgender patients in the Midwest with a cohort of other providers. Participants in Midwest Trans Health Education Network cohorts participate in monthly live virtual training sessions on zoom to learn how to provide gender-affirming care, and regular case conferences to review patient cases with an expert mentor. The cohort will also get prescribing guidelines, sample forms and letters, patient education information, and other resource and referral guides. The next cohort starts fall 2023.
- FTC Demographic Form
- FTC Health History Form
- FTC Hormone Care Intake Form
- Welcome Folder Resources
- Patient Resources Brochures
- Appropriate Clinical Treatment Sample Letter
- Prior Authorization Sample Documentation
- Ready, Set, Go! A Guide for Collecting Data on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Guidelines for the Primary and Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People
- American Acad
- emy of Family Physicians Recommended Curriculum Guidelines for Family Medicine Residents: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, and Asexual Health
- Health Resources from the Transgender Law Center
- SOC8 Homepage – WPATH World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- No correlation between serum testosterone levels and state-level anger intensity in transgender people: Results from the European Network for the Investigation of Gender Incongruence
- Sexual Desire Changes in Transgender Individuals Upon Initiation of Hormone Treatment: Results From the Longitudinal European Network for the Investigation of Gender Incongruence
- Does Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment Affect 30-Year Cardiovascular Risk in Transgender Persons? A Two-Year Prospective European Study (ENIGI)
- Prospective evaluation of hematocrit in gender-affirming hormone treatment: results from European Network for the Investigation of Gender Incongruence
- Cross-sex Hormones and Acute Cardiovascular Events in Transgender Persons: A Cohort Study
- Blood Pressure Effects of Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy in Transgender and Gender-Diverse Adults